Southern New Hampshire Health (SNHH) serves more than 32 communities in southern New Hampshire and northern Massachusetts, in more than 20 locations, with the flagship – Southern New Hampshire Medical Center, in Nashua, NH.Search Careers
Buying a home or condo is a major undertaking that requires a lot of research and thought on what you can afford, what is most appropriate for you now and during the years you expect to remain in a particular location, what town or city you want to live in, and many, many other personal factors. There are many resources for you in NH and here are some of our favorites:
- New Hampshire Housing – A statewide resource for affordable housing, related services and data.
- Affordability Calculator – Learn if and what you can afford.
- NH Association of Realtors – See what the trends are for home buying in NH.
- List of NH realtors – A comprehensive list of NH Realtors to help you in your search
New Hampshire is home to 13 schools ranked among the U.S. News Best High Schools in 2012, including 6 silver medal schools and 7 bronze medal schools. New Hampshire also offers many outstanding opportunities to continue your college education at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Of course, it is natural to think about the White Mountains and all things outdoors when thoughts turn to playing in New Hampshire. And yes, NH is a natural playground featuring mountains, rivers, ocean beaches, scenic highways and much more. That’s why we have millions visit NH each year from across the country and world! But New Hampshire also has a vibrant cultural community. You’ll find big name concerts, small intimate local summer theater, fabulous restaurants, tax-free shopping, and much more. You’ll also be close to the large city of Boston, Massachusetts, where you’ll also find lots to experience such as hot ticket shows, an immersive culture, delicious dining and more.
New Hampshire has lots to offer. With a major concert venue, The Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, and many smaller venues scattered throughout the state, music is vibrant and varied. Portsmouth NH offers an international film festival every fall; the Currier Museum in Manchester has special programs the first Thursday of every month.
Arts & Entertainment
Music & Concerts
There are major music venues in Manchester, Portsmouth and Hampton Beach and a large outdoor pavilion in Gilford. But, there is also plenty of live music in local bars, night clubs and small venues scattered in many cities and towns. Many venues and bands have their own websites and/or social media services that will keep you informed about what’s happening. We try to get you one step closer through this section. Be sure to check colleges, the websites for the towns or regions near you as well as the customized version of the NH event calendar- NH365
- This NH Nightclubs site provides alphabetical listings by town and city for the current week.
- Hippo Press lists live music and music venues mainly in the Concord-Manchester-Nashua regions.
- Music venues and fairs features a searchable index of venues by town across the entire state.
- Mary4Music.com lists clubs that play live blues music.
- NH Country Music Association is dedicated to promoting country music throughout New Hampshire. Lists local country artists with links to their websites.
- Meadowbrook Pavilion is an all outdoor venue in Gilford (near Lake Winnipesaukee) that offers both reserved, covered and lawn seats. Concerts run during an extended summer season and span a wide spectrum of music.
- Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom draws some top names in entertainment. They are open from April to November. Recently, the Ballroom placed in the top 30 for worldwide ticket sales in venues under 3,000 seats.
- The Verizon Wireless Arena is one of New England’s major venues for concerts, sporting events and family entertainment and is located in downtown Manchester.
- Tupelo Music Hall is a small venue in Londonderry that presents talented nationally-recognized musicians. They offer light foot, BYOB (small opening fee) and a casual, friendly atmosphere.
- Capitol Center for the Arts presents a wide mix of high-quality events, including Broadway shows, dance performances, pop and country stars, family shows, international performances, school-time shows and business conferences and seminars. It is located in Concord.
- The Music Hall is a nonprofit performing arts center in Portsmouth that offers acclaimed film, music, theater, and dance performances.
- Wolfeboro Folk Concert Series is an outdoor folk/acoustic concerts in the summer and indoor concerts in the fall and winter. Both locations are in Wolfeboro and have food as well as BYOB (with small BYOB fee).
- A jazz fan? Check out NH Jazz Presentswhich is dedicated to the preservation and further evolution of jazz music. The company produces weekly concerts in small listening venues, including Studio 99 in Nashua and Blackstones in Laconia.